Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking a Let Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking a Let Agreement

Hi

I am from India and have been sent by my company to UK on a project.
    I have signed a tenancy Agreement for a property to which I was to move into by the mid of October. This is through an agent and I have paid a holding deposit of £500. The deposit, rent and agent fees have yet not been paid.

I have now been informed by my company that my contract has been terminated and that I have to return back to India. How do I terminate my tenancy agreement. Would I have any liabilities.

Please help with yr advice

Vin

Re: Breaking a Let Agreement

Speak to the agent and explain the situation asap so they can start to advertise for a new tenant. I doubt if you will get your deposit back but ask anyway because if they find someone quickly you may do.

Comment

Thanks. Hope to get some money back.

Comment

The best thing you can do is simply talk to your agent....

Comment

Working...
        X