Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brokers - 'personal service'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brokers - 'personal service'

Hello all

More and more brokers are online or phone only now, as are letting agents, conveyancing firms etc. This has the benefit of being able to compare many services and not having to be local to a business, but it got me thinking - how many people think it's important to meet face-to face (with a broker in particular)? If not meeting face-to-face, do you expect a broker to be available outside of office hours and to get in touch with you earlier, later etc?

Thanks
    TurnKeyLandlords.co.uk
    BTL mortgage broker and free landlord resource

Re: Brokers - 'personal service'

I think online - with all the convenience it's brings is the future. Look how many high street chains have collapsed to not having an online strategy and loosing out to online competition. People are very busy, juggling jobs, kids etc etc.

Online every time.

Comment

Brokers should come to you. After all you are giving THEM the business, not the other way around.

Online is fine for finding and comparing broker services, but you should always meet face to face where money is concerned!

You also need to see a proper office so you know where to send the writ if you need to sue them!
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

The broker is heavily regulated and, to be fair, due to the hard economic times a lot of the chaff has been weeded out. If you can make money as a broker at the moment then you've either got a large client bank or you know your onions.

I receive all my leads over the Internet - my clients have tried the usual high street banks and local brokers - all of which have drawn a blank... its not that difficult, if you're switched on and resourceful and prepared to put your back into it a lot of cases can be placed.

Comment

Working...
        X