Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving out of parents for first time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving out of parents for first time!

Hi All

I am new to this, I am 25 and moving out of my parents for the first time in May with my partner.

I am currently writing myself a little list of things to check with renting/viewing, we will be starting viewing next month and I just wanted some advice or tips on what I already have, I will be renting through a LA not direct with a LL...

So I am aware I should check the deposit is registered under a scheme, does this still apply with LA?

Also the inventory, will this still get done with the LA and at what time is it usually done?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Ashleigh

Re: Moving out of parents for first time!

I would hope most letting agents now use a deposit scheme, and they should also do an inventory before you move in - it's for the landlord's protection.

Best of luck with it all, though.

Comment

The Deposit Scheme is mandatory.
      As is a Gas Safety certificate.
      All Letting agents do an inventory.

Are you sure you will be able to live away from your parents?
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

When you get the inventory, go through it meticulously. Note any damage existing in the property that isn't stated in the inventory, inform the letting agent, supply digital photos with dates to back it up, and make sure the agent amends the inventory accordingly. Then get an amended copy that has been signed by the landlord. It's a bit of a faff but this practice saved me literally hundreds of pounds when I was renting and the time had come to leave the property.

Comment

Moving from parents' home is really a big turn in your life, you need to be prepared for this financially and mentally too. I hope everything will be fine with you.

Comment

Working...
          X