Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Break Clause in contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break Clause in contract

Hello,

I need some advice on the break clause in our contract. We have a 12 month agreement with a 6 month break clause. I'm confused about how much notice I need to give. Clause quoted below, any help appreciated.

"Break Clause

Both parties shall have the right to terminate the tenancy at the end of the first six month period, or thereafter, by giving no less than 2 months notice in writing to that effect and upon the expiration of such notice this agreement and everything herein contained shall cease and be void subject nevertheless to the right of the parties in respect of any antecedent breach of any of the covenants herein contained. The period of notice must expire at the end of a rent period being on the 26th of a month."

Does that mean I need to tell them 2 months before the 6 months is up?

Thanks

Re: Break Clause in contract

Originally posted by cornishpasty02 View Post
    Does that mean I need to tell them 2 months before the 6 months is up?
    Looks like it to me - we had similar.

Comment

Re: Break Clause in contract

Yes I would if you want to go at six months. It looks like to me, you can terminate the tenancy at the end of six months or thereafter (ie AFTER six months is up) giving two months notice.
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
      X