Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name on Tenancy but not living there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name on Tenancy but not living there

Hi, my girlfriend and her sister have recently agreed to rent a house. I am going to move in as soon as i can get a job where they live. I have agreed to pay my share of the deposit and admin fees upfront but they want me to put my name on the tenancy for legal reasons and so its less expensive for all of us. Is this the right thing to do? is this legal? to have my name on a house but i live in a different city. would i have to pay council tax even though i dont live there?

please can anyway help...

Re: Name on Tenancy but not living there

If you'll be living there, you'll be liable for council tax on the address.

You would also be agreeing to be joint liable for payment of rent, etc.

Comment

Re: Name on Tenancy but not living there

You could just ask for a new tenancy agreement to be drawn up with your name on it when you are ready to move in. It wont matter if the earlier one hasn't come to the end of the fixed period as any new one will invalidate the previous one.

Comment

Working...
      X