Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to market a buy to let

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to market a buy to let

I have a house owned without mortgage in West Yorkshire which I rent out. The tenant would like to be in 'long term', currently on a rolling 6 month contract.

I would like to sell the property and thought that i could sell it to someone who wants to own it as a rental property and in which case it is desirable as it will be with tenant.

The problem I am having is finding somewhere to advertise the property as a buy to let, if that is the right term. For example, if I look on rightmove I can't search for buy to let properties and so I'm not sure if this is the best marketing strategy.

There does appear to be some companies in London, but the property i own is in West Yorkshire.

I would really appreciate some advice on how best to sell the house with tenant.

Thanks

N.

Re: How to market a buy to let

I personally wouldn't sell yet. If you have a tenant who has a rolling 6 month contract then you have an income and probably a reasonable yield. Most people sell when they can't get and don't have a tenant. You may be able to get an even longer term contract for say 1 year or even more. But if not you could put the property on the web rightmove is a good website as you can look up what's in your area and get an idea of prices. Also primelocation is a major site used. Try them I'm sure the commission isn't ridiculous.
    Last edited by gta123; 19-08-2013, 05:03 PM. Reason: Needed to put in a full stop

Comment

Working...
    X