Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mold issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold issue

Hi,

I'm after some advice regarding a mold issue in the property myself and my partner rent. The property itself is a maisonette and the problem is only in the master bedroom however the whole property gets severe condensation on the windows overnight but I'm not entirely sure if it's the cause. We've been in the property since July, shortly after we moved in the mold occurred and we tackled it with some mold removing spray. That worked for a while but now it seems to have come back with a vengeance.
    The mold is mainly on the windowed side of the room in varying sized blotches in the join of the wall and ceiling and part way on to the ceiling, as well as a large line of it traveling down the wall almost to the floor.
    We've raised the issue with our estate agent whose solution was to tell us to open the window, obviously without thinking it's getting colder so the room gets freezing, and also wouldn't solve the fact that the mold is already there. We mentioned that our 4 month old daughter sleeps in the same room, to which he then said he'd contact the council.
    My concern is that they still don't seem to be overly worried and in no particular hurry to get it fixed, so i was wondering firstly, does anyone know if mold can be harmful to my daughter? and secondly, if they don't get back to us soon, is there a higher authority we can go to to make a complaint of some kind? and would it be worth it?
    I hope this made sense. I do have pictures of the mold, but am having issues uploading them at present.

Thanks in advance.

- Phill
Working...
X