Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rent a rented property ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rent a rented property ???

Hello everybody !

I was just wondering, if I rent a house from an agency like Century 21, may I rent to 4 or 5 persons the rooms available in the house to make a house share.

And second question, is it possible to rent a house like said before, rent it separately to 5 or 6 persons, without living in it ??

Thank you

Re: rent a rented property ???

It's called sub-letting and not without permission you can't no and if you ask it would not be given. Any tenancy agreement will specifically prohibit this activity
    Adam Long

www.quickhomeseller.co.uk

Comment

Hi Taruku

To sublet your apartment is to lease to another person a house, an apartment, or a room that is already leased to you. If you sublet your apartment, you become in a sense a landlord to a new tenant, but you remain financially responsible for rental payments and/ or damage charges if the new tenant defaults.

But most agency do not permit sub-letting. You should take a look at the contract you would have to sign when leasing from the agency! Good luck!
      Michelle Alden- Property to Rent

Comment

hello taruku

at the first place you are the one who obliged with the duties and responsibilities that's why the land lord or land lady accepted you or allowed you to rent.

But you can also ask like your brother or sister to live together in the apartment and share the rent in this way you can save a half cost of the expenses.
        don't invest on something non profitable.

Comment

Hi Guys, Just to state the obvious, if the rooms are rented to non family the property will be classified as HMO. Then theirs the question of how many non related people are living there. If 5 or over the property may then need a HMO licence. It depends on what part of the country you live in as to how the local councils enforce the law ect,ect.

Comment

Hi guys i agree with the other posts most landlords will not allow this and definately would say no if you asked them as they could of just done that thereselves, they mainly dont due to more people usually means more damage...
            We have debt solutions to help you get out of debt problems

Comment

Working...
            X