Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No to renewal fees!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No to renewal fees!

The Estates Office in Notting Hill in London are not charging renewal fees!
    They say that, if their original tenant remains, they will not charge renewal fees for subsequent years.

They are the first agent to do this - about time to as the NLA called for renewal fees to be scrapped a year ago and no one did!

Re: No to renewal fees!

Hi, we dont charge renewal fees either. It would be very interesting to get a comparison of agency prices across the country. Which letting agent will be the first to put their prices on here
    Letting agent and property management in Bristol

Comment

Im out of it now but I never did either. Money for old rope.

G

Comment

We never charge our landlords or tenants for renewal fees. As a letting agent, we would be more than happy for them to be scrapped altogether. It is "money for old rope" and just not fair on landlords or tenants.

Comment

Letting agents typically charge the landlord 10% of rental income for full management services. this fee is surely to cover the creation of the contracts and signing so it seems pretty crazy that the tenants are then charged for the same service.
          I set up a letting agency off the back of my own portfolio with the firm belief that I would not charge any administration fees, maybe I am only able to do so as i am small letting agency with low overheads and that this is not commercially viable on a larger scale?
          Jony Clegg
          www.jclegglettings.com

Comment

I agree with JCLEGG
            BRAND NEW HOMES
            Information for UK new home buyers
            New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

My letting agency Astons of Sussex charges me £85 evey 6 months & I've been in same house over 8yrs. This stinks & really P....s me off.

Comment

My letting agent, Chesterton Humberts, also charged me a fee for extending the lease. Is this the same as a renewal fee?

Comment

Working...
                X