Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estimate your rental income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimate your rental income

This will be determined by prevailing rates in the area where your property is situated, and not by your cost of running and maintaining the property. You can get an idea of market rentals for similar properties by studying property websites and advertisements. Compare the income with your estimated costs, and see whether it will make financial sense to put up your house for rent.
    Private Property lists property in South Africa. We cover property to let and for sale.

Re: Estimate your rental income

Use Zoopla to get a rental estimate or look at comparable properties on Rightmove

Comment

take into account the set up costs and the ongoing repairs too.

G

Comment

Yeah i agree the best way is to compare prices with other propertys in the area online but also to compare the standard and the finsih on your property compared to others as people are more willing to pay that little bit extra if it means they cna move straight in and dont have to do any work.
        We have debt solutions to help you get out of debt problems

Comment

If fighting rental valuations you will need to used rental figures where properties have "actually acheived", otherwise the surveyor will not consider them. Using a comparable from rightmove with "advertised price" will not be strong enough evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Owen View Post
            Use Zoopla to get a rental estimate or look at comparable properties on Rightmove
            I wouldn't recommend Zoopla, in my experience it's massively off the mark! I guess it's better in some areas but my area it's rubbish!!

Comment

Working...
            X