Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Advertising

Afternoon all,

I've got a house I'm about to advertise, had a few agents round but no convinced they worth the £500 month's rent plus VAT so considering advertising myself.

Read up plenty online but interested to get some 'real' feedback from Landlord's that have done it?

Thanks in advance

Re: DIY Advertising

Hi Dan,

I am new on here but it seems an intersting forum with good info.

I presume you are in manchester from your user name I have a few buy to lets in Manchester (Levenshulme, Gorton, Longsight) and I did use a agency the first time but they were useless, since then I have done about 10 lettings myself. I have always found gumtree to be really good which is free and allows upto 3 photos FOC. I have also had good responses from supermarket advertising boards. Good photos of kitchens and bathrooms if they are clean and tidy generally attract phonecalls.
    Cheers
    Pads

Comment

Evening Pads,

Thanks for your info.

I've now listed the property with an agency that put it on rightmove for 30 days for £59, seems pretty good.

Advert been up for a few hours an already got a phone call so fingers crossed should all work well.

Thanks

Comment

Hi there, I rent my properties and also use Gumtree and local papers, also believe it or not cards in local newsagents are good too! and don't cost hardly anything. If you have the time to market your property then great, it will cut your costs. Also some lettings agents don't actually vet the prospective tenants properly either I have found, so I would rather do it myself.

Comment

You can advertise it for an unilimited time through some big property portals as per the link below- (fish4homes,globrix etc)

Comment

I had a look at that sell your own home site. Why does it call Rightmove and Fish4 'portholes' ?

Comment

por·tal/ˈpôrtl/
              Noun: A doorway, gate, or other entrance.

port·hole/ˈpôrtˌhōl/Noun
              1. A small exterior window in a ship or aircraft.
              2. An opening for firing a cannon through.

G

Comment

Working...
              X