Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rented Property - Call Out Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rented Property - Call Out Charges

Hi everyone!

I am a student and have recently moved out of a rented property with a student letting agency. My flat mate and I have been having trouble with them over a dispute of the deposit, (them keeping it). I requested a break down of charges which have contributed to the loss of the deposit.

One of the things they are charging me for is "Call Out Charges" of £180.00. I was just wondering how they calculate these so called charges and do they have to have a set pricing for them? I feel they have made this up and can't see how I can prove that they didn’t do it. Even if they did have to call to the flat how can they determine that the price is fair?

Any knowledge or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Liam

Re: Rented Property - Call Out Charges

Hi Liam,
    Your deposit should be held in one of the 3 tenancy deposit schemes. You should have been given this information approx 2 weeks after paying your deposit.
    Are they holding back the full deposit or just part?
    What was the call out for, and what time of day was it (out of hrs?? )?
    If you have a dispute with them, send them a letter and tell them your applying to the TDS to dispute them holding monies back.
    Email me and I`ll help you out but I`d need more info before giving more advice.

Neil

Comment

Working...
    X