Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renting with Lump Sum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting with Lump Sum

I will soon be returning to the UK with my mother to help her get set up with a flat. Although she will be job-seeking, she does not have a regular income at the moment.

We will be looking for a one-bedroom flat in the Kent area and have found several suitable ones at around 550/month.

I'm just wondering how much of an issue my mother's lack of a job will be for rental agencies and landlords. My inclination is to think that it won’t be much of one since we have enough on-hand cash to cover rent for 2-3 years straight and that's without considering any future sources of income.

I'd appreciate any advice on the matter.

Thanks!

Re: Renting with Lump Sum

I personally don't think it should be too much of a problem - if you can pay the dposit, rent up front for 6 months, and have proof of income or savings.

Comment

Re: Renting with Lump Sum

i dont think it would be a prob either! credit check could be tho!

Comment

Working...
      X