Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor Sound and Thermal Insulation & Inconsiderate Neighbours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Sound and Thermal Insulation & Inconsiderate Neighbours

I would like to draw to the forum's attention a flat that I recently rented, i.e. Flat 3, 16 Essex Road, Watford, Herts. As even though this flat is in a relatively modern block (built late 1980s) the insulation in this flat is surprisingly poor. As not only is the bedsitting part of this studio flat surprisingly cold as soon as the heating goes off, perhaps partly as this room has three outside wall and the floor is also an 'outside' surface (as the access road to the rear car park is below), but there is also poor sound insulation. As you can regularly hear the neighbours loudly shutting doors, shouting, or even hear the people above moving about. Also, rather more annoyingly and unsettling, is the noise emanating from the adjoining flats (from 'primal activities'), which can be disturbing particularly when one is trying to get to sleep. I would also like to mention that the communal stairwell is not cleaned properly enough and when I have mentioned to the landlord (or other tenants) there has been no interest or concern shown. And also, Flat 3 shares a communal vestibule area that traps cooking smells(and other smells) from the 2 other flats on that floor, which can be nauseating sometimes! In addition, although there are car parking spaces for about 10 cars at the rear of the property, the spaces are not marked for allocation, and I found that even though I did not have a car, that even guests of mine often could not get a parking space, as many of the other tenants 'overused' and 'abused' the communal car park by allowing their friends to park there to avoid paying the street parking charge.

Re: Poor Sound and Thermal Insulation & Inconsiderate Neighbours

I can sympathise with you there is nothing worse than thin walls and noisy neighbours, loud music and lots of drink! i have had experience and its not nice to live wth day in day out!

Comment

Working...
    X