Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

paying bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paying bills

my flatmates and I sometimes dissagree or get confused over bills. this is because we all pay different bills and some of us don't keep proper records.

I wanted to set up a flat bank account that we would all pay into and then all the bills would be paid from this. Unfortunately all the banks I asked said this was not possible. I'm sure it must be, anyone know?

R

Re: paying bills

Why not simply split each bill equally, with each person as the named payer on a different bill - ie, one for gas, one for electric, etc. That's what we used to do.

Comment

Do not put your name on all bills and expect all housemates to pay you. As Brian suggests you are best to split all bills and have one in each name.

Comment

Otherwise one person gets lumbered with all the ills while the friends suddenly disappear.

Comment

Yes, definitly put both names on the bill, money does funny things to anyone and everyone. Both names on the bill and a 50/50 split, simple.
          Callaways Estate and Letting Agents Brighton and Hove
          Please Follow me on Twitter HERE

Comment

Chris sussex - Good Answer! the problems with "Shared" bank accounts is that if "Somone" dont pay in and a DD goes out (no money in account!) someone has to pick up the tab!

Comment

Well me and my friends went through exactly the same problem what we found best was to nominate one person (the most organised) to set up a bank account and we would all have access to it so we could put the money into it and because we new we would be living all together for two years this made sense and did work for us..
              We have debt solutions to help you get out of debt problems

Comment

You can set up a bank account. Simples.
                Then make everyone pay a set amount each week or month towards eventual bills.
                BRAND NEW HOMES
                Information for UK new home buyers
                New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
                X