Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are online renting prices more expensive???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are online renting prices more expensive???

I'm looking to move to the Birmingham and west Midlands areas. I wanted to rent a 1 bedroom appartment. But I havent been to an actual estate agents in the west midlands yet. Ive just been looking online.

I just wanted to know if i could get a cheaper price face to face.

Many thanks,

John

Re: Are online renting prices more expensive???

There's nothing to stop you making an approach via email and trying to negotiate the price - tried to play hardball on rented properties locally in Scotland, but in my area, there's still too much demand and prices remain fixed where I've been looking.

Comment

Generally it spends on demand, but you are going to meet the LL or agent to view the property, so you always make an offer. If a property has been sticking most Ll would consider a small reduction for a good tenant.

Comment

As a Landlord I will always consider adjusting rent depending on how attractive a tenant is and how much I want them.
        Do they want to start the tenancy when the property comes empty. Do they look like a good payer, reliable, not likely to trash the place etc.
        However I already offer good rental rates and often have a few people looking at properties so a tenant would have to have something to offer to get a reduction.
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X