Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do not use sheldon bishop estate agents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not use sheldon bishop estate agents

Hello Every1. This thread is to make everyone aware of a small non certified estate agents called SHELDON BISHOP. situated in NW London, West Hampstead. I was helping my friend to rent a property through this firm since early december 09. They asked for a holding deposit after agreeing with the terms. As soon as they got hold of the holding deposit they started playing around, not giving reciepts for the deposit. they even changed their mind about a small fee of £75 which they agreed to to waiver. I have dealt with 2 directors and a dodgy sales man in that office and they all have promised things that did not add up. I have also heard from sources that they are not meeting their monthly sales targets. My friend is in tears with the last minute lies from this company and now she's left homeless, to make matters worse they did not give her holding deposit of £640 back contradicting everything they said. They are very unprofessional. I would strongly recommend not to go with this firm. I'm now having to help my friend going legal with the holding deposit.

Re: Do not use sheldon bishop estate agents

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Thanks! anyone else have any probs here?

Comment

i have recently had very bad dealings with sheldon bishop. the asked me for x amount which turned out the person who sent me the amount required couldnt add up and it was all wrong. so i rowed with them over the figures. they readjusted them saying they wanted an extra six hundred pounds. i was like erm no. this is the price we agreed not more. this was with paul in the admin department who i found to be quite rude and agressive on the phone. my partner and i were due to move in on monday (12/09/11) but on the saturday Archie called me saying they think i wont be able to afford the rent even though they have had copies of my bank statements and wage slips and can see what has been paid into my bank and ive managed to fork out nearly a grand and a half in a week for the deposit. hmmm. now they wont let me the flat and basically forced me into writing an email saying i dont want to rent the flat anymore and i will now lose my deposit money. so im going down there on monday to see all them lovely people face to face. but i am taking information from another forum of people that have had the same problem with them and if i dont get my money back i will go to the press and make their lifes hell till they pay me back in full.

Comment

Re: Sheldon Bishop Resonse

Daniel H, you took a flat in enfield and said that the flat was for you and your partner Frank who was being transferred from Suffolk to London for work purposes. Your application was nearing completion when two days before you wanted to move in you declared that Frank did not have a job. I then called Frank and said he has got cold feet and did not want to live with you. You then rang me to say that you didnt want to proceed with the tenancy. I gave you the weekend to speak with Frank and if you still wanted to cancel your application then I would need you to email me, which you did. You came to the office on Monday morning and I gave you back your money minus the holding deposit and the adminisration fee which are in the terms that you signed.

As you can see, your issues goes beyond the controls of Sheldon Bishop. And you really have no I to blame, just a change of heart from your partner Frank.
          Last edited by Archie; 22-11-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Re: Sheldon Bishop Response

Daniel H, you took a flat in enfield and said that the flat was for you and your partner Frank who was being transferred from Suffolk to London for work . Your application was nearing completion when two days before you wanted to move in you declared that Frank did not have a job. I then called Frank and said he has got cold feet and did not want to live with you. You then rang me to say that you didnt want to proceed with the tenancy. I gave you the weekend to speak with Frank and if you still wanted to cancel your application then I would need you to email me, which you did. You came to the office on Monday morning and I gave you back your money minus the holding deposit and the administration fee which are in the terms that you signed.

As you can see, your issues goes beyond the controls of Sheldon Bishop.

And you really have no one to blame, just a change of heart from your partner Frank.

Comment

I am a landlord and use Sheldon Bishop to manage 9 of more properties and have never found them to be anything but professional and honest in my dealings with them.

I think that a single unsubstantiated negative comment which has now been addressed by the agent should now be removed from the forum particularly as the complainant has not even replied to their response
              Adam Long

www.quickhomeseller.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X