Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

property inventory services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• property inventory services

hi i'm a private landlord and have got fed up of paying letting agents expensive fees to duplicate old, incorrect inventories, therefore i've decided to set up my own inventory checking service. I've researched this thoroughly and attended a course and am now ready to go. I can cover the majority of the South coast from Poole to Brighton and surrounding areas. I would appreciate any advice on this and of course any potential leads!

Re: property inventory services

Quick question Wendy, if you don't mind...

Three days before I moved in to my new rental I asked my agent (who was supposed to be managing the property, but forgot to tell me the landlord had decided to manage it himself) I asked them for the checking in report.

The agent happily informed me that they were not going to bother with an inventory or a check in report. but he did say that I would get my deposit back no matter what because of their decision!

Is that the case ?

Elsbeth

Comment

IMO you should have an inventory check to ensure no disputes at the end of the tenancy.

Comment

And keep a copy for your protection too! I am an inventory Clerk and have been many years! We like to be the "middlemen" between tenants and landlords alike!

Comment

Working...
        X