Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie to renting - advice welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to renting - advice welcome

Hi

I'm getting slightly ahead of myself as it's over a year before I move out of my house (OH and I are splitting and he's going to buy me out) BUT I just want to know what I'm facing when I start to look (I guess in about a years time).

I'll be a single woman with at least 3 cats - I'll need a 2 bed house as a minimum as I run a business from home.

A couple of questions I've thought about (and I guess it's probably entirely up to the landlord but would welcome experiences and advice all the same):

1. If I replace the door at the end of my tenancy will they allow me to install a cat flap?

2. Do landlords allow a sky dish to be put up?

I'm sure these are trivial things and I should be worrying about lots of other things first BUT any advice at all about renting is welcome.

Thanks

Clare

Nothing trivial

Clare, there is nothing trivial about wanting to make sure you have all the angles covered for a smooth move. Most landlords will not object to you adding a cat flap (providing they already accept pets) and replacing the door at the end of your tenancy as they have a security deposit to cover this eventuality. As for a sky dish, unless the rental property is in a community that does not allow dishes (due to unsightliness etc) then you will rarely have a problem there (landlords like SKY tv too you know .

Hope this helps
    --------------------------------
    Oisin Mac Giolla Chuda
    Sales and Rental Agent Service
    http://www.thesaraservice.com/

Comment

Working...
    X