Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warren Lettings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Lettings

Hi
    I have recently started my own lettings company based near Windsor, Berkshire.

I have a website, and have been advertising in the local property paper trying to get Landlords.

I have found it very difficult to get Landlords to come on aboard but have people registering with me via findaproperty.com and my website on a daily basis.

I have posted leaflets & letters through houses which have 'To Let' boards displayed but still no phone calls...? My next flyer is to promote a 7% fully managed offer which will be sent to over 10,000 people locally.

Could anyone offer some kind advice and help me figure out what else I can do ?

Many thanks in advance.

Phil Warren

Early days of business are always a struggle - are you actually getting anyone in the door, though?

Comment

Have you added your business to any directories such as uklettingagent, landlordzone and freeindex. We found these to be quite good with referring clients as they are targeted specifically to your business.

Unfortunately, targeting properties already with 'To Let' boards outside is much like locking the stable door after the horse has bolted (so to speak!). The landlord has already made his decision to advertise with another agent...and most likely doesn't live at the property anyway, so your leaflet would either be received by an existing tenant or the agent promoting the property!

It takes time to build a letting business and trust is a big issue with landlords, so they may choose an established agent over a 'new in town' letting agent.

You might want to approach some of the other property portals as well as propertyfinder, as they are offering free advertising at the moment due to the credit crunch
      www.ownerhome.co.uk
      commission free property sales and lettings

Comment

Hi,
        I worked for a UK rentals agent and they set up a brand new office for rentals in a highly competetive area. Days before opening the office they places 2 adverts in the local papers property sections and the suppliment from finda property. Instead of the properties everyone else had that simple had "Landlords Wanted". This sounds like what your doing.

We entered the office on the first day and booked in many appraisals and then converted a good % of those.

If your not having much success from the papers I wonder if your add is too much info as we had a full page article advertising the new office and got nothing back as it read more like a book.
        Last edited by JohnZD; 27-07-2009, 02:06 PM.
        John ZD
        http://www.apartmentandvillarentals.com

Comment

Working...
        X