Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenancy Renewal fee problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenancy Renewal fee problem

Anyone have any advice on this...

Pretty simple really.
    I'm coming to the end of my first 12 month tenancy contract in a property I am living in and the Agency have now produced me with a new contract to sign... with a wonderful £75+vat renewal fee attached.

I really don't want to pay this as it seems to be for reprinting last years contract, changing the dates and posting out to me.

Seems very unjust and my instinct is not to pay it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mmmm, when we last rented we were on a 6 month rolling contract, so when our 6 months was up, the landlord had to give us 2 months notice and we had to give 1 month. This seems a little like a money making exercise.

Have you read your tenancy agreement to see if this clause is in there? they might just be trying it on
    www.ownerhome.co.uk
    commission free property sales and lettings

Comment

You shouldn't owe the rental company any fees, as these should all be paid by the landlord, not the tenant.

Comment

Re: Tenancy Renewal fee problem

Thats why letting agents are simply no good. You will not encounter a re sign on fee if you rented direct from the landlord.

Comment

Working...
        X