Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra's to consider when renting.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Extra's to consider when renting.

Hello, I hope I haven't missed this in your comprehensive information but here goes anyway!

A friend is just about to move into an unfurnished flat which has an old washing machine, 'fridge and electric cooker supplied. She has read a draft of the tenancy agreement which states the tenant is responsible for the repair or replacement of any of these appliances should the need arise. Surely, if they form part of the fixtures and fittings this should be the responsibility of the Landlord?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Comment

Hi Guys, Good Long read, skim read was their any mention of ensuring any/all defects were noted correctly on the inventory when you move, were photo's taken, were meter readings taken and signed against by both parties.

Comment

I definately agree with the tenancy deposit scheme and also making sure that you do your own inventory before and after to make sure that they cant charge you for anything that isnt your fault either pen and paper descriptions of every furnishing, scratches, bumps, rips and tears or video everything so you have proof if they ever try to dispute anything.
        We have debt solutions to help you get out of debt problems

Comment

This is a fantastic thread. First Time Buyers need to think long and hard about all this when budgeting for saving for a mortgage deposit.
          Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

I would reiterate parking as always seems to cause a problem here as most houses never have enough.
            Letting Agents Milton Keynes www.prestigemk.com
            www.trading-standards-approved.org.uk

Comment

Such a great post, thanks for that, KingJamesUk. You've given me plenty to think about that I hadn't even considered!

Comment

and if you`re renting on the basement, you can here steps from the owner. Need to also consider what are the foods you`re going to cook.

Comment

I can’t thank you with words for bringing up such post. Really I was about to rent an apartment nearby. But after reading this, I think I should reconsider the whole prospect. Anyways, thanks for sharing
                  Guaranteed Rent Scheme |Estate agents Canary Wharf

Comment

Really appreciated the advice. Thanks a lot. I am currently looking for a place, so would consider asking here if there is something I do not get.

Comment

I’d also add avoid renting close to schools/kindergartens, if you don’t have kids. Parking issues, noise, busy sidewalks, and school traffic congestion can be a real problem.
                      Neli P.
                      E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for sharing renting new ideas KingJames.
                        Lettings Agents Edinburgh - Property Management Services

Comment

Working...
                        X