Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rents fall as new properties flood the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rents fall as new properties flood the market

Further evidence of oversupply in the rental market has emerged with new surveys from property search engine, Globrix, and property website, Findaproperty.com.The BBC has reported that the number of new rental properties coming onto the market rose from 98,841 in the final three months of 2008 to 155,499 in the first quarter of 2009, according [...]

More: Rents fall as new properties flood the market

I will remember this the next time my contract comes up. Around my area the rental properties are being snapped up at a phenomenal rate.
    Find A Flatmate

Comment

Re: Rents fall as new properties flood the market

Although rents are falling landlords should be more focused on avoiding long void periods. The rental market like any other business goes up and down, long term planning is so important, scheduled maintenance is very important too as when the property becomes vacant there is not much workto be done.

Comment

I can't see rents falling in the Canterbury area at all, in fact they are much the same as they were two years ago and rising. I am renting at the moment and am finding it very hard.
        Danzo

Comment

Depending on your rent; a small deduction with an early let is far better than a void of even a month at a higher rent.

G

Comment

Sadly this is not true, certainly in central london. What's ended up happening is that those who can't buy property because of the poor economic situation end up renting, rather than buying, pushing up rental yields while property prices continue to stagnate. The problem is that the economy is so bad that it doesnt matter if housing prices fall slightly- people still cant afford homes.

Comment

Working...
            X