Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thirty-seven per cent of landlords waiting on rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirty-seven per cent of landlords waiting on rent

New research from the National Landlords’ Association (NLA) indicates that 37% of landlords currently have tenants in arrears with their rent.A recent NLA survey also revealed that 44% of landlords have experienced rental arrears in the past six months and the body suggests the figures explain, in part, a significant rise in repossessions and mortgage [...]

More: Thirty-seven per cent of landlords waiting on rent

NLA chairman, David Salusbury, comments: “Paying the rent has to be right at the top of tenants’ priorities as even one month’s arrears, in this climate, could be the straw which breaks the camel’s back. The mortgage has to be paid and the vast majority of landlords do everything in their power to make sure this happens.”

Surely the fact that so many more rental properties came flooding into the market it puts landlords in a weaker position not a stronger as they will struggle to fill the properties easily. Although it is understandable that they will not want to tolerate arrears it is surely a tenants market and having one months arrears is better than having a empty property?
    Find A Flatmate

Comment

This story doesn't surprise me, I know some Landlords who are having trouble chasing rent.

Comment

Re: Thirty-seven per cent of landlords waiting on rent

So why are so many landlords against accepting housing benefit , isnt the rent guaranteed ? Am I classed as undesirable because I'm in receipt of benefits

Comment

Working...
        X