Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landlord issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• markg
    replied
    Get some advice from the CAB.

Leave a comment:

• Ownerhome
    replied
    Fixtures and fittings on a rental property are the responsibility of the landlord and as you have reported the problem to him on numerous occasions, he is technically in breach of contract.
    I'm presuming that you have a standard tenancy contract and there will be a clause in there that states that the landlords obligation to you is to make sure that heating, electrics and general condition of the property is kept in a 'good state' (words to those effects!).
    In your next call to him, maybe mention this and ask if he isn't going to send a corgi engineer to have a look at the boiler, then can you do this yourself and send the bill to him? ...it might make him take it a little more seriously!

Leave a comment:

• kingjamesuk
    replied
    Sounds all too familiar. I have never rented from a landlord who took his/her responsibility seriously - remember, you are just an annoying tenant in the eyes of a landlord.

Leave a comment:

• Ben.Dell
    started a topic Landlord issues

Landlord issues

I've recently moved to a new flat and there are *to say the least* issues with the central heating. It was abit ropey when I first moved in a month and a half ago. I've contacted my landlord about this and he just denies the mere 'fact' that the CH is not up to standard. I've mentioned it to him again and again on a near day-by-day basis and cannot get anything out of him on the matter apart from "I dunno, It's not my problem."

Is it his responsibility or mine?
Working...
X