Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to look for country barns, farm cottages to rent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to look for country barns, farm cottages to rent?

I'm a university graduate who was dead set on moving into Clapham, but having a change of heart I now yearn for the space and freedom of the countryside. I also have a reasonably nice car and dislike parking it on the street primed for keying, vandalism, bad parking etc.
    I'm looking for either a farm cottage, converted barn, rural property to rent but have found it really hard to find something, I don't mind certain counties either, looking in Surrey, Sussex, Bucks, Berks, Oxfordshire, Herts, so long as I can drive to a mainline station (with access to London in 1 hour or less) with parking within 15 mins of the property.
    Am I asking too much, where is best place to look for rural property to rent?

Will

Google (the search engine) can be your friend & helper

I typed in 'rural property rent surrey' and got 26 properties in Worplesden from the first search result, 7 in Wonersh from the second. These were all from the Evening Standard's 'homesandproperty' site....

findaproperty.com has a few cottages to rent in Haslemere.

nestoria has props to rent in Staines, Woking, FarnboroughGuildford, Dorking and Crawley

I'm not in your area, so I'm not going to look see if these are near railways, I'm sure you can do that - some time spent by you with google seems far more productive than waiting here for people like me to point you at the results...

Bon Chance. Happy Googling.

Comment

Google Google Google im affraid
      Moderate level of DIY experience, ok in solid wood furniture repair, bad at electricals

Comment

Oxfordshire has got lots of countryside around it also quite close to london, keep checking righmove
        www.rpbrelocation.co.uk

Comment

Have you tried lodging your details with a relocation agent? they are amazing at finding properties to fit your requirements.

Comment

Working...
          X