Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Research checklist for new property investors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research checklist for new property investors?

I'm curious whether it's possible to put together a checklist for anyone looking to invest in property, either as a BTL landlord, or else holiday home, second home, etc.

I've seen plenty of very inexperienced people come into the HM forums looking to invest hundreds of thousands with no real idea of what they are doing.

Therefore if anyone wishes to put any suggestions in this thread on what they should be looking for on a checklist, I'll see if I can build a larger article out of it with full credit where due.

Well simply drawing from my own experience as a landlord:

checking out the house i.e. getting an engineer to do an inspection

thinking ahead as to how you will advertise the rental property (somewhat small but bothersome detail you never really think about beforehand)

Comment

Good pointers and thanks for starting the list.

Comment

Working...
      X