Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NLA launches Tenant Check service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLA launches Tenant Check service

The National Landlords’ Association (NLA) has launched a Tenant Check service aimed at helping private landlords make informed decisions about their prospective tenants before granting them a tenancy.According to NLA research, it can take up to six months to resolve cases in which a tenant fails to pay rent and a landlord can lose thousands [...]

More: NLA launches Tenant Check service

Sounds sensible, although we've had managing directors of investment banks "fail" some of these tenant reference check services, especially of course if they have just arrived from overseas.

Comment

I think they should also focus on the tenant's rights. I've had some landlords who have tried to withhold the deposit money because of faults with the property which were there to begin with.

Comment

Landlords should use an independant inventory clerk. In the absence of an independant proving loss/damage is virtually impossible. The small claims court provides very straightforward redress for tenants in the situation you describe.

Comment

I really cannot see landlords using an independant inventory clerk - that would be another cost against each property hence less profit on the let.
          Pinoso Property Property Murcia

Comment

I think this is a great idea, I'm still waiting for 600 pounds to be repaid to me. The guy definitely falsified his employer and income.

Comment

Working...
            X