Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landlords in buy-to-let market losing confidence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlords in buy-to-let market losing confidence

BDRC, a market research organisation, issues quarterly reports following interviews with hundreds of UK residential landlords in order to establish a snapshot of landlord sentiment and insight. Its latest survey shows that landlords are losing confidence in the buy-to-let market, with evidence of declining profitability and rising levels of non-payment of rent. Since BDRC began issuing its [...]

More: Landlords in buy-to-let market losing confidence

I work for a letting agency and agree that landlords are becoming less confident in the buy-to-let market.
    http://tls-uk.com

Comment

^ Some. But I wonder how many "less confident" LLs have been buying with high LTV and gearing up on large portfolios where the numbers were borderline even in a rising sales market?

Yields are up - reflecting increased demand and arguably, more realistically priced poroperty for sale. I agree borrowing costs are up - but LLs with more modest LTVs will be doing very nicely over the next few years

Comment

Working...
      X