Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No announcement yet.

Landlords in buy-to-let market losing confidence

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlords in buy-to-let market losing confidence

BDRC, a market research organisation, issues quarterly reports following interviews with hundreds of UK residential landlords in order to establish a snapshot of landlord sentiment and insight. Its latest survey shows that landlords are losing confidence in the buy-to-let market, with evidence of declining profitability and rising levels of non-payment of rent. Since BDRC began issuing its [...]

More: Landlords in buy-to-let market losing confidence

I work for a letting agency and agree that landlords are becoming less confident in the buy-to-let market.

^ Some. But I wonder how many "less confident" LLs have been buying with high LTV and gearing up on large portfolios where the numbers were borderline even in a rising sales market?

Yields are up - reflecting increased demand and arguably, more realistically priced poroperty for sale. I agree borrowing costs are up - but LLs with more modest LTVs will be doing very nicely over the next few years