Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No announcement yet.

New requirement(s) from Landlords?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New requirement(s) from Landlords?

Hi ALL,

I recently had an estate agent requesting for landlords identifications. All the items required has sent a warning signal in my mind.

I will just like to know if this is right or not.

He requested for a copy of the Deed, copy of International Passport and recent utility bill.
    Is this the norm or should I decline as all these info are enough for anyone to use and lay claim on the property, with the new wave of fraud in the market.

There are anti-money laundering regulations that require full details as such to be provided, to ensure your identity is proven and not fake.

If it's a reputable agency then it's a routine matter and you really shouldn't expect any problems from it - though possibly better to deliver in person, and ensure photocopied there, rather than risk leaving them lying around or waiting in the post.

I agree..

Yeah, I agree with Brian, you should submit all the documents required as every landlord have different set of rules and regulations on the basis of their experience or expertise, and deliver it in person rather than by post.