Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admin Fee Discrepancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Fee Discrepancy

Hi there,

I have a bit of a problem on my hands and hope you can help me out!

I rent out my house with an estate agent, i have had a couple interested in my house and they have sent in an application.

I have since decided to move back to the property, but now the estate agent is claiming that i have to pay an admin fee of £176 as the couple who were going to move in have paid this for a credit and reference check. The agent now has to hand back the admin fee and are saying i'll be charged for it.

I was only told that someone was interested in the property and had handed in an application. I didn't know how far the process had gone and the estate agent had failed to notify me of this.

I feel hesitant about paying back this charge.

Does anyone have any advice they could offer me, or perhaps know what i should do?

Thanks in advance.

Kekkann

You'll need to look at the actual contract you have together - any such things need to have been agreed in writing before they proceeded with the credit check.

If there's not such agreement, then I can't personall see anything to pay - but if in doubt, take legal advice - a quick phone call to a solicitors should do the job.

Comment

Working...
    X