Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stark contrast in North & South Englands property value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stark contrast in North & South Englands property value

I have recently read many articles detailing very intriguing statistics of a stark contrast in house pricing trend for the North and South of England. One article published by the BBC was of great interest to me (You can read it here). The article depicts a clear juxtaposition in property pricing, showing a rise in the value of London properties, but clear decrease in both property value and sales in areas of the North East such as Humberside.

I would be very much interested in hearing as to what people in the industry think of these figures. Do you believe it is the start of growth and that some areas in the country are simply ‘lagging’ behind and will eventually start to increase, or are the richer and poorer areas of England reacting differently? Maybe you believe that it is part of a much wider problem within society. I have a genuine interest in this and I am very eager to learn more about the situation so that I can develop a greater understanding of property in England and Wales. One of the statistics stated that the overall property value had risen by 0.9% in England and Wales so you may even argue that this is obvious signs of stimulus and improvement.

Thanks,
    James
Working...
X