Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost of 2 bed flat in Leeds & Bournmouth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of 2 bed flat in Leeds & Bournmouth?

Hello,

I've been offered a job in Leeds and one in Bournmouth. Which one i take depends on property prices in the respective places.

I've tried doing price comparisons on websites but find it difficult, because you never know if the quoted price is a 50% share , or a lease, or whatever.

So for a 2 bed flat, what is the difference in price between Leeds and Bournmouth?
    I wish to buy it and own it outright, no lease, and no 50% share etc etc.

I am not fussed about what part of Leeds or Bournmouth, just generally.

Re: Cost of 2 bed flat in Leeds & Bournmouth?

It should not be about property prices!
    What about job prospects, the place itself.
    People retire to Bournemouth I have never heard of anyone retiring to Leeds!

For the price of a nice two bed flat in Bournemouth you can probably buy a 4 bed house in Leeds.
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Leeds is a city, so there will be a lot of variability in pricing, with some areas having cheaper property - for obvious reasons! - and other areas being very high-priced - for obvious reasons!

Comment

I lived in Leeds for a few years and it's a great city, lively, but drive a few miles and you can be in beautiful rural areas, some great places nearby , york/harrogate for example. You can probably get more for your money in Leeds, but then i'm bias not too sure about property prices in Bournmouth.

Comment

I don't know either location well but Leeds has a lot of banks so on the assumption of that I'd say Leeds is more pricey.

Comment

Working...
          X