Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch out for the 3 i’s – inflation, interest rates and investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out for the 3 i’s – inflation, interest rates and investment

Investment property still makes up only 20% of the current property market. For 80% of households, owning property is a good forced savings mechanism and rising rates mean homes can get paid of faster by those with the discipline to pay even a little more extra into their bonds. The distressed market is growing with banks seeking to get out of bad loans even by taking a knock on the outstanding capital and offering interest free periods for the balance of debt owed after an auction.

The astute investor knows that cash flow is the core of the property game. While prices rise and fall..income in the form of rentals, tend over time, to be better than inflation. Look to buy higher yielding properties in areas that offer good security and proximity to transport. These are likely to be cash cows as less people have the ability to borrow to buy or the desire due to increasing interest rates.
    Private Property lists property in South Africa. We cover property to let and for sale.

Re: Watch out for the 3 i’s – inflation, interest rates and investment

Good points thanks

Comment

Re: Watch out for the 3 i’s – inflation, interest rates and investment

Good advice, I have gained some more understanding

Comment

Working...
      X