Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Economy 'no longer in free fall'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy 'no longer in free fall'

The economy is no longer in free fall, according to this recent bbc business news report.

"Stabilising markets and the easing of credit conditions may well mean that the worst of the recession is over, the Ernst & Young Item Club said.
    It is forecasting the economy to shrink by 3.5% this year and by 0.1% in 2010. "

Lets hope so the rate Gordon Brown is spending!
    Portugal Property for Sale

Comment

Now is definately the time to invest in property, there is a lot investment opportunity available.

Comment

All misplaced optimism - we're just getting a spring bounce, I think. The general expectation is that property prices will fall towards 40% and then bounce back up.

Invest now? Not on your nelly - there's no realism being factored in, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
          All misplaced optimism - we're just getting a spring bounce, I think. The general expectation is that property prices will fall towards 40% and then bounce back up.

Invest now? Not on your nelly - there's no realism being factored in, I think.
          I agree totally, we are still a long way off the bottom. I'd say the drop will be closer to 50% overall and then any rise won't be seen for a few years

Comment

Re: Economy 'no longer in free fall'

The Heritage Foundation's latest world ranking of economic freedoms shows the U.S. falling farther than any other large economy in the world. The foundation says the TARP Program, the auto industry bailout and the stimulus package, among other factors, have caused the country's economy to go from "free" to "mostly free."
            The U.S. now ranks eighth in the world on the group's list.
            Factors like business regulation, the labor market, monetary stability, property rights and corruption are used to determine the rankings.
            Terry Miller, director of the Center of International Trade And Economics at the Heritage Foundation, says the U.S. ranking may continue to fall.
            "Certainly looking at the government policies that have been followed over the last year, since our last data cut off, I'm very concerned," Miller told TPM, adding that health care reform was likely to further hurt our economic freedom.
            Among the countries now ranked higher than the U.S. are Canada (where health care is universal), Singapore (where spitting is forbidden) and Ireland (whose economy was free to experience a near collapse).

Comment

Re: Economy 'no longer in free fall'

At least the weather is improving. That will make everyone feel better!!

Comment

Working...
              X