Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time buyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time buyer

I am a furst time buy, I saw a propery advertised for £259, we made an offer for £230 that was accepted by the vendor, nationwide are waiting our confirmation to do a valuation, in the meantime we have done an online valuation with hometrack.co.uk and they are valuing this at £216, are we still able to negotiate with the vendor/agent now we have had this valuation done? Jason

Aren't you supposed to do a valuation before making an offer?

Also, why on earth do you think Hometrack's valuation - which appears to be based on best-guess scenarios - should be regarded as accurate?

A valuation means getting someone to view the property - surveyor or similar - not using a "guess the price!" website!! The mortgage provider is unlikely to accept that.

Comment

I have to agree with you there, any online price guide is purely an estimate and can't really be relied upon.

Comment

Yeah you simply cannot base anything on what you read online.

You need to get a proper valuation done - no offence but the vendor would just laugh at you if you tried to negotiate based on a website valuation tool!
        Free UK Property Investment Seminar

Comment

hi Jason, you are able to renegotiate the price right up until the contracts are exchanged. I don't see any lender having an issue with a price being lowered. I've heard about a lot of purchasers actually 'nibbling' the price just prior to exchange.
          I agree with other comments that a website is no place to do your price research, too many variables to factor in, like specific style/size/condition etc etc, is it south facing of north facing - I guess you get the picture.

The price of the property is what you the buyer (or any other buyer) is prepared to buy at, and seller prepared to sell at ( loose parady of RICS definition of market price).
          Mark Donald
          www.Reports4Planning.co.uk
          providing more effective reports.......

Comment

It's a buyer's market- go back in with a lower offer and stick with it. As long as it's the market price (and say less 5% for the expected fall)- you'll be acting reasonably.

Good luck

Comment

Well, like Brian says, you should never go in to a purchase blind but...

From the figures you actually have on the table, in the current market your making a fatal error.

You need to be getting a property thats pimped to the max or has some kind of planning permission to add the value to get it close to what its worth.

Do your valuations first!

Comment

Working...
              X