Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide expects further house price falls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide expects further house price falls

The Nationwide, Britain’s largest building society, said today it expects house prices to continue falling into next year and possibly 2010.Nationwide’s chief executive, Graham Beale, is expecting a peak to trough decline of 25%. The announcement comes after the Society reported that underlying pre-tax profits for the half-year to the end of September were down [...]

More: Nationwide expects further house price falls

I was hoping the rate cuts might have stimulated demand a little, but I guess the lack of any new tracker rates and the fact that fixed rates are still between 5.5% & 7% isn't exactly going to stimulate anything.

Comment

Even if they do, will the banks actually pass the cuts on to the customers?
      Bid Low...Win High!! "A POSSE AD ESSE" http://www.thehomeauction.net/

Comment

I figure you'd have to be pretty pushed to buy in a downturn. Either that or speculating!

Comment

You wont stimulate a significant increase in demand until more 90-95% LTV mortgages start coming back.....at the moment they are still disappearing which is pricing most FTB out of the market.

Regardless of how good the mortgage rates get, if you still need a massive deposit there are only a small percentage of FTB who can afford them.
          Free UK Property Investment Seminar

Comment

Working...
          X