Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stamp duty holidays for first-time buyers being considered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamp duty holidays for first-time buyers being considered

The Government is considering cutting stamp duty in a bid to kick-start the property market. The UK property market is in danger of grinding to a halt with prices falling at the fastest rate since records began over 50 years ago. Furthermore, mortgages are becoming harder to obtain. In addition, over the last 12 months, the number [...]

More: Stamp duty holidays for first-time buyers being considered

Why not just scrap HIPs?

Comment

Two great contributions of the Labour party on the housing market since 1997 - increased Stamp Duty and HIPs.

Stamp Duty thresholds should be raised in real terms and be stepped in payments, like income take, i.e. you don't pay the highest rate for the whole value of the purchase.

MM
      UK pension annuity IFA advisor Get more via your OMO
      Dubai mortgages bank accounts financial services

Comment

The proble is if they scrap stamp duty the goverment will go bust, but yes i agree stamp duty should be scrapped for FTB's.
        http://www.jpfinancial.co.uk/

Comment

i too agree with "mortage broker"
          Design Your Dream Log Home

Comment

Working...
          X