Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House prices fall at 1992 level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House prices fall at 1992 level

House prices are falling at a comparable level to the market collapse in the 1990’s, according to a report by Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).According to a report by RICS, members have seen the worst performance of the property market since 1992.December marked the fifth month in a row of property deflation, while November [...]

More: House prices fall at 1992 level

xmas period is not a time when people are applying for new mortgages

Comment

correct it is going down until summer(Hope). Because media playing big roll. always come out bad press related property market and mortgage , bank crisis.
      Last edited by hsc-online; 18-01-2008, 12:51 PM.
      Clerkenwell Property | London Property

Comment

How can you possibly say this is a seasonal effect? The Xmas period comes around every year and we don’t see this kind of fall. The falling prices are a result of market sentiment led by a number of factors, and now we have headlines like this we can expect more falling prices.

I’d really love to believe that prices are going to bottom out in Summer (as I am waiting to buy a house) but history shows that a couple of years of falling prices are more likely.

Comment

I've got to admit, few people are counting on property rising over 2008 - the most optimistic outlook seems to be that prices will flatten. There is plenty of room for a fall, though.

Comment

Working...
          X