Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking over property from Ex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking over property from Ex?

Sorry this is a little long winded!
    Like many of us I have a difficult Ex, we still own a house together and have been renting it. Up to how it's worked ok but we haven't got a tenant at the moment and he is refusing to pay his half of the mortgage.
    I would like to take the mortgage / house over and he is happy for me to have it. We paid £95,000 for it 7 years ago and have a £78,000 mortgage. I have previously spoken to the mortgage company who said I would need someone else on the mortgage with me to take it over. My earnings is only £15,000 a year. I haven't really got anybody able to do that as my partner is self employed and his pay can be very up and down, and has a very poor credit history, so would get declined.
    Basically Is there anyway round it?
    My bf owns his own house outright so was thinking could we put that down as a sort of guarantee for a mortgage? Or even a buy to let mortgage?

Any help or advice would be great!

Thank you very much!

Re: Taking over property from Ex?

An option would be for your new bf to take a secured loan on his property and put the equity into yours and then for him to go on your mortgage.

Ged
    http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X