Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remortgage

hi guys
    any sort of help advice be great.
    i have a interes only mortgage with santander which was fixed for 2 years,
    my deals is coming to end in jan and rate will go up to 4.69

i asked santander for a better deal to go onto repayment and interest for 5 year fix, when i will then sell my house and repay the loan and move away.
    the rate they were offering was 1.96 however my remortgage was rejected due to new tests
    however they willing to offer me 3.99 interest only mortgage which will cost me much more.
    my mortgage with the bank is less the 40% of my property price,
    any idea what i could do.
    i know cause of my age i can't really change lender
    thanks people

Re: remortgage

Hi,

Its sounds like they have changed their financial stress tests so maybe debt to income ratio may have changed which is why they are happy to offer you a mortgage at a higher rate. Or they could have checked your credit rating and you could have made a late payment or something so your overall credit score may have dropped so they will offer you a mortgage but at a higher rate. Banks never explain a reason just give you an answer

Regards

Ged
    http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X