Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage offer and new home address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage offer and new home address

Hello,

I need your advice.

My mortgage broker applied for mortgage with Halifax ( 75% Help to Buy) on my behalf in November last year. It was accepted and my mortgage offer is due to expire at the end of August.

In the meantime I change my home address along with addresses in my bank and all other places i.e credit cards, electoral register.

I asked my mortgage broke to update my details in Halifax but I was advised to leave it as it is because Halifax may want me to re-apply for mortgage. Also I was informed that Halifax will run another credit check just before the completion date to check if there are any new accounts open on my name and apparently even if they have my old address this shouldn't have any affect.

What do yo think is my mortgage broker right?

I'm first time buyer and quite scared.

Regards,

Greg

Re: Mortgage offer and new home address

Your broker will know best so listen to what they say.

You can change all the address details afterwards. He is right that
    they will probably want to run a full new application so stick whit what
    you have at the moment

Ged
    http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X