Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax mortgage - how do they verify employment (apart from payslips etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax mortgage - how do they verify employment (apart from payslips etc)

Hi there!

Currently applying for a 75% Help to Buy mortgage with my partner, I am applicant B. My partner, applicant A pays all rent and bills from his account, and I pay for all food etc as I earn a lot less. I'm considering dropping my contract from 37.5 to 24 hrs/p/w to allow me chance to get a secondary job in an area I wish to go in to.

If I'm providing payslips/p60s will they contact my employer (I've been with since Aug 13') to confirm my employment etc - and if so, what questions will they ask? And what information is my employer allowed to give? Will they ask any questions which may reveal my contract change? It's not confirmed yet, so I don't want to mention something which may affect our application, when it might not even happen.

The mortgage rate is less than our monthly rent, so my partner can afford to pay it regardless of what I earn. However, if my income goes down the amount they are willing to lend decreases significantly.

Any advice welcomed. Thanks!

Re: Halifax mortgage - how do they verify employment (apart from payslips etc)

Hi Jwren,

It would be best to talk this through with a mortgage broker.

Comment

Working...
    X