Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy to let?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy to let?

Hi, I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this has question already been asked... We are currently in our late 50's, living in NZ and own our house here outright. We would like to eventually retire back to UK and thinking of trying to buy a property there under a buy to let scheme if possible so that we have a house there when the time comes. We would like to buy something for around GBP275k and have a deposit of around GBP110k. Would we be able to obtain a buy to let mortgage at our age (57 and 59)? We could pay off the mortgage ourselves when we eventually sell up in NZ and return to UK. Many thanks for your advice

Re: Buy to let?

Buy to let only applies if you're looking to rent it out to third parties. So far as I understand it - and I could be wrong here - but you would be in violation of your mortgage terms if you attempted to live in that property.

Comment

You would be able to get a mortgage to 65 or maybe 70 years old

Ged
      http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
      [email protected]

Comment

The maximum age at which borrowers can apply for a mortgage is 70 years old. Some lenders are even more flexible and may offer lending to a maximum of 80-85.
        Neli P.
        E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

Umega Lettings can offer you a wide choice in houses to rent in Edinburgh. We have grown mainfold in the last few decades due to our unique & innovative style of working. We take it upon ourselves to ensure that each client is fully satisfied.
          Lettings Agents Edinburgh - Property Management Services

Comment

If you are planning to let your property in Preston then Kingswood Properties can help you in the best way. Kingswood Properties can give mortgage and also manage your property. For detail information you can call them at 01772 71 71 81.
            Kingswood Properties-Estate and Letting Agents in Preston

Comment

Working...
            X