Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do lenders know if you're not a first time buyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do lenders know if you're not a first time buyer?

I've moved back to the uk after ten years overseas and so will be buying "from scratch". In this sense, am I a first time buyer? How will a lender be able to check my status?

Re: How do lenders know if you're not a first time buyer?

The easiest way will be for them to check if you have a mortgage running in the back ground - however, if your property was unencumbered then the lender would not know but it maybe picked up by the solicitor.

I am not sure why you are asking this question - being a UK national and about to buy from scratch is not an issue so long as you have sufficient income, deposit and meet the lender's credit score criteria.

Comment

Re: How do lenders know if you're not a first time buyer?

based on mortgage running in the back ground..they can know as mentioned above...!

Comment

Working...
      X