Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a mortgage with bad employment history?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a mortgage with bad employment history?

I've just started a new job and I'm looking into mortgages, I'm still learning. I have money from family to pay for most of a property, though I don't have a property in mind yet, but may still need a mortgage for the rest.

Before this job I have been unemployed for many years.

Would this be a problem applying for a mortgage? Even if I only wanted to borrow a smaller percentage of the property?

Re: Getting a mortgage with bad employment history?

You *should* be able to get a mortgage if you are only borrowing a small amount. You may have to wait for 6 months or even a year in your new employment though (you'll probably have to show payslips). But, speak to a good broker - this is exactly what we're here for: to help people (even with unusual circumstances) get a mortgage.

Good luck in your new job, and congratulations on getting it - it's not easy to get jobs at the moment - well done
    TurnKeyLandlords.co.uk
    BTL mortgage broker and free landlord resource

Comment

Hi Christina,

There are lenders out there who will provide your mortgage even though you've just started a new job and was unemployed before for many years.

This will not be a problem.

Comment

Thank you for your advice

Comment

Working...
        X