Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remortgage valuation negative equity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remortgage valuation negative equity

I have an interest only mortage of £131000 my monthly payments have recently doubled as I have come out of a tie in period. I want to look at other options but halifax are saying their value based on the postcode is £125000. They haven't viewed the property and want £180 to revalue. There have been hardly any houses sold around us for some time a few doors up went for £148,000 but ours is a bit bigger and has a larger back garden and more private front garden. They are obviously saying we are on the cusp of if not in negative equity, do I pay them and get it revalued, what is the risk if the valuation comes out even less and in the current climate how high do I need it to be so that I can look for a more competitive lender as I feel the halifax have me over a barrel. Can I get another independant valuation or will that not be recognised by mortgae lenders? Any advice much appreciated.
Working...
X