Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self cert mortgages 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self cert mortgages 2013

I come across a lot of clients who believe they need a self cert mortgage in 2013.

Now it's no secret that self cert mortgages have been removed for the residential market - although there are a couple of self cert lenders left in the buy to let mortgage market.

That said, in most we are able to assist clients who believe they need a self cert mortgage when in fact they do not.

Examples include -
    - being self employed for less than 1 year
    - being self employed with no accounts
    - only having an accountant's certificate to prove income
    - only having benefit income
    - only having pension income
    - having an income where no UK tax in paid

There are many more examples of where we can assist.

I just wanted to make it clear that whilst the self cert mortgage no longer exists - there are still plenty of options where we can make full use of the lender's flexible approach to income requirements.

Proof of income is always required and our mortgage brokers will always act responsibly in ensuring that your mortgage is affordable bases upon your income.
    Last edited by Sean.; 21-05-2013, 11:28 PM. Reason: Showed signature twice

Re: Self cert mortgages 2013

We all know that Self Cert mortgages are a thing fo the past.
    So why the post?
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Because a lot of clients approach me thinking they need to self certify their mortgage when, in fact, their income situation is perfectly acceptable.

I've listed above the examples of where clients think they need to self cert income.

It's an educational post.

Comment

I am interested, I have emailed you

Comment

Working...
        X