Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising cash

Hi
    This is my first post so be gentle with me!
    I am mortgage free on my current home, I want to buy another house and at some point sell my current home to pay off the outstanding debt
    Is there any scheme, mechanism where I can raise money based on the combined value of the two properties, preferably interest only, the house I want to buy is approximately 40% of the combined total

dohuk1

Re: Raising cash

Ok - first of all there is no one scheme that will cover both properties - residential mortgages can be secured upon one property only.

Assuming you have a deposit then you could raise a mortgage to purchase the new property; this would be secured upon the new property - or, if you needed to raise the deposit using the equity in your current property then you would also have to remortgage your existing property.

Hence - it maybe 2 mortgages - one to buy your new property and one to remortgage your existing one.

Hope this helps to clarify matters for you.
    Last edited by Sean.; 23-05-2013, 09:11 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

Re: Raising cash

Better to sell up and take out a fresh, albeit small, mortgage.
      Why would you want two mortgages when you are mortgage free?
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
      X