Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax mortgage declined please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax mortgage declined please help

Halifax mortgage decline please help
    Hi there I applied for a mortgage last week with halifax but got declined. Upon checking my credit file goth registered a default that was satisfied. The debt had nothing to do with me and got it removed from experian and equifax. This is the main reason for the decline and the there were concern over amount of credit searches.

The default shows on noodle still not sure about call credit. From the information below do I now stand a good chance of acceptance?

Age 20
    Salary fixed employed 28k year over 4 years employment same company.

House new build for 150k
    Deposit 7500
    Help to buy scheme 20% gov loan.

7 credit searches in past 12 months 4 this year. No ccjs, defaults, missed payments, finacial associations.

I also think I might have a CPD (credit policy decline with llyods will this make a difference? No account with halifax)

5 credit cards, around 500 debit (just cleared £500 yesterday) and three mobile phone contracts.
    I just think if I pass first stage the underwriters will reject because of age. Though I'm keeping upbeat.

Single application

Re: Halifax mortgage declined please help

Try somewhere else.
    Just because Halifax refused it doesn't mean other lenders will.
    I suggest you avoid new homes and the help-to-buy equity scheme - you will probably get better value elsewhere in the market.
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Re: Halifax mortgage declined please help

New homes is right - depending upon your credit score you may have more success elsewhere.

However, more detail is required to assist further.

- help to buy equity scheme
      As much as I hate to admit it, new homes is also right regarding avoiding new buy equity schemes. Lenders apply a tougher credit score criteria when applying for such "affordable housing scheme" mortgages; I've seen clients pass at 90% loan to value for a standered mortgage but fail with the same lender at 90% loan to value for a equity share scheme.

your age should have no affect upon your application.

- lloyds group
      looks like you'll need to avoid the lloyds group - but there are other lenders providing equity share mortgages.

- credit file
      to fully assess your chances, it would be a very good idea to see your credit file.

I presume you are the sole applicant.

Comment

Working...
      X